Thursday 3 February 2011

The St. Joseph's Catholic Hospital in the history


The St. Joseph's Catholic Hospital, was established in 1963 by the Hospitaller Order of the Brothers of St.John of God, with the headquarters in Madrid,Spain. They are presently in 54 countries throughout the world. In Africa they are present in eleven(11) countries, including Liberia. The hospital was first started in a small house on Tubman Boulevard, in Sinkor, a suburb of Monrovia, until 1963, when the main hospital in Congo town opened near the A.M. Dogliotti Medical College. The Hospital falls under the St.Augustine Province of the Order of St. John of God but in November 2007, the Province of Castilla was asked by the Superior General of the Order, Br. Donatus Forkan, to take over the running of the Hospital for a period of five years. When this change was made, the hospital wich had been managed by the Brothers until then was turned over to a Liberian Management Team, assisted by the Brothers of St. John of God and the Missionaries Sisters of the Immaculate Conception. The hospital has a capacity of 141 beds including pediatrics, internal medicine, surgery and obstetrics and gynecology, We see over one hundred and twenty thousands patients a year, both in the main Hospital and the New Kru Town Health Center. This Health Center, the St. Joseph Catholic Health Center, popularly known as "Small Catholic", is located about 12 kilometers from the main hospital and caters to more than 40,000 patients yearly. The main Hospital admits and treats over three thousand patients a year. It has a 24 hour Emergency Department, 24 hour laboratory,  the X-ray department and has three doctors on daily duty call.



1 comment:

  1. It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...
    It is a cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it's come to health issues and getting cure. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like, Herpes, Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob,,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid. disease,Lupus,Lipoid Storage diseases( Gauchers disease),Polycystic Disease.,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Cirrhosis of Liver,Costochondritis,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic,HIV, Epilepsy, Infertility, Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..

    ReplyDelete